Boost Energy Efficiency and Save Money: Upgrade Your Houston 世界杯下注App with 阁楼绝缘!
Benefits of Blown-In Fiberglass Insulation
- 可调 – Easily control the level of insulation you will need thus varying the R-value, i.e. blow in so many inches for an R-value of 15, and so many more inches until you have an R-value of 49.
- Made of Virgin Materials – Reduces the chances of allergies
- Tighter Fit and Seal – Blown into tiny crevices, direct around existing corners, beams, or wiring.
- 快速干净 – Material is mixed and expanded inside a self-feeding integrated machine, providing easy clean-up and little dust production.
- Extremely Energy Efficient – Keeps its R-value over time because it is does not settle and is moisture-resistant to prevent fungus or mold growth.
How Insulation Works
- To maintain comfort in your home, the heat lost in the winter must be replaced by your heating system and the heat gained in the summer must be removed by your air conditioner. Insulating ceilings decreases this heat flow by providing an effective resistance to the flow of heat.
- Heat flows naturally from a warmer place to a cooler space. 在冬天, heat flow moves directly from heated living spaces to adjacent unheated attics, 车库, or to the outdoors; or indirectly through interior ceilings, 墙, and floors – wherever there is a difference in temperature. During the cooling season, heat flows from outdoors to the house interior.
R-Values for Enhanced 世界杯下注App Energy Savings and Comfort
Insulation is rated in terms of thermal resistance, 所谓的热阻, which indicates the resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating effectiveness. The R-value of thermal insulation depends on the type of material, its thickness, and its density. In calculating the R-value of a multi-layered installation, the R-values of the individual layers are added.
The map and chart below show the DOE recommendations for your area. State and local codes in some parts of the country may require lower R-values than the Department of Energy recommendations, which are based on cost effectiveness.
In the greater Houston and surrounding areas (Zone 4), the recommended insulation level for different areas of the house are as follows:
Gas, heat pump or fuel oil systems:
Interior Basement: R-11
Exterior Basement: R-4
Electrical furnace system:
Interior Basement: R-11
Exterior Basement: R-10
Additional Benefit: Increased 世界杯下注App Value!
Adding fiberglass insulation is easy and can increase the value of your Houston home. By raising the levels of fiber glass insulation in your home, you can make your home more valuable because of its increased energy efficiency. 和 when it comes time to sell your home, it may be more valuable in the marketplace.
Insulation is an investment that pays for itself many times over. The initial cost to install insulation are typically recouped in three to seven years depending on how much more you add. 和, fiberglass insulation continues to save energy and help lower bills for the life of your Houston area home.
立即世界杯下注app下载 得到你的 免费的 估计. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will get you taken care of and on your way to a more comfortable, energy efficient way of life with the proper attic insulation in your Houston home.